About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

X is for Xperience ;-)

Ok, I'm cheating, but the prompt I HAD for X was X-Y chromosome and well, I had planned on writing about Adam (and maybe some other boys), but unfortunately used it up for "O"-offspring.  So Xperience it is!

The type of experience I'm talking about is the kind that comes from doing.  Well, I guess that's all experience, but it's especially important to me because of my "One Little Word" this year...fearless.  I promised myself that I would undertake any and every new endeavor with an attitude of being fearless.  When I thought more about this, I started to figure out what makes something fearFULL.  For me, that's a sense of inability, or inXperience.  So, what helps me become fearless, is knowing that in a fairly short time, by doing whatever it is that I fear, I will gain Xperience and hence, lessen the fear.

This year, I've had a lot of things to practice becoming experienced (and fearless). There is my weight loss journey with The Belly Fat Cure...yep, 22 pounds and holding...now need to get motivated to keep the momentum going.  Then there's the fact that I may be returning to work in the very NEAR future.  Albeit, p/t, but nerve-wracking nevertheless.  Then there's overcoming the childcare issue.  And on and on...

...and to the rest of you...remember that XPERIENCE is built by just going out and DOING!! So, let's see how 2011 wraps up the rest of the year...here's keeping my fingers crossed!!




No comments: