About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Friday, April 29, 2011

U, V, W....ARE FOR...

UNACCEPTABLE that I've fallen off the daily blogging challenge, but thought I would catch up by talking about the VALUE of family WALKS! With the warmer weather (more w's) setting in, I always thinking about ways of getting in my exercise while trying to get outside.  I really wish we could get into the habit of taking family walks after dinner every so often because they are so enjoyable.  Recently, we headed around the block with Adam out of the stroller and he did great!  Just as the sun is setting is the perfect time to get some fresh air and do the body good.  A more challenging version of family walks is hiking.  Yes, we are past the letter "H", but hiking is a ton of fun too.  We are so committed to trying to get outside that I actually signed up our entire crew for the recreation department hiking group that meets monthly from April to November and hikes various trails throughout NJ and PA.  Our first family hike was this month.  Unbeknownst to us, it was a "short" 4 mile hike up the side of a mountain at a very steep incline.  Although it was strenuous beyond belief for me, poor Leena struggled with an asthmatic cough and Mohammed had to deal with Adam on his back.  We completed the hike, but warned our guide that he had better lighten the load next month.  We'll see about that!











No comments: