About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello from Sunny and HOT Florida!!





Florida is HOT, as expected, but almost unbelievably so. At 7am, when it's a mere 80 degrees, it feels like 88, and by mid-day, when it's 97, it feels like 106! No joke...I don't know how people that live here full time make it...except to stay safely indoors next to the AC (like my MIL tells me she survives). Thank goodness it's in the cool 70s in the house or I'd melt. Speaking of the house, it's a gorgeous, 4 bedroom ranch with a wide open floor plan and we are all enjoying it. There is also the luxury of a pool and a covered lanai, which makes this the ultimate fun zone for the kids.

We've only made it out to one amusement park so far, which was Universal Studios. We plan on going back another day to see Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure. We chose this park because it had the most "indoor" rides that would get us out the heat, but it was brutally hot anyway. Thankfully, we had spritzer bottles and plenty of shade. Adam got a kick out of the props around the park, especially JAWS (ignorance is bliss, right?), but his older cousins (and biggest sister) were not as open-minded. And yes, Mohammed, the girls, and I actually rode on that intimidating roller coaster you see pictured here...in fact, Mohammed and the girls rode TWICE, but once was enough for me! We're off to SeaWorld tomorrow for a day of fun, and hopefully lots of WET fun so we can keep the heat at bay. Looking forward to visiting the Mouse later this week.

Oh, and guess what, today I visited a GREAT scrap store in a nearby mall. Yep, IN a mall. It was huge (over 4,500 sf) and I was like a kid in a candy store (thankfully, they had a "Monday" special of 40% off all patterned paper). And earlier this week, I even went Geocaching with the family and my FIL. He found his first cache just miles from his home. It was fun, but too hot to really get into it, so if we go again, it will have to be in the wee hours of the morning. We searched for 3 and found 2, then went for ice cream.

Hope you are all enjoying your Summer so far. I'll stay in touch thanks to my traveling Macbook and the lovely wifi at my in-laws...


No comments: