About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sleepless night...

Ok, not sure why the wee hours of the morning are so attractive to me as an option to quietly get off the bed, head downstairs, and get on the computer, but here I am, and have been for the past hour +. It's my time to check emails, do a little blog hopping and check out some new recipes. And while I'm here, I thought I'd post an update too.Today is a big day...sort of. We plan on getting Adam's FIRST haircut. It's bittersweet for me since, as silly as it sounds, it'll be his (and our) last "first" haircut. I plan on only a trim so we don't lose all of those baby curls, but you just never know what you'll walk out with. He's reall
y in need though...that poor little boy is looking more like Carrot Top each day sporting his 'fro. I"ll be sure to post pics soon.

Well, since the last post, we bid farewell to our lovely visitor, Rania, from Egypt and made a trip up to JFK to see her off. Along the way, we drove past Coney Island (waaaaaaaayyy too crowded and no parking whatsoever available--guess the nearby beaches and sweltering heat had something to do with it), and also checked out my old stomping grounds in Canarsie, Brooklyn. It was fun to drive by old HS, apartment, neighborhood library and recreation area, but I am grateful to be out of there...I don't do well with crowds :-) Other than that, we've been chillin' around town. We made it to the pool again when the mercury hit over 100 this past week. We've also hosted a Moms Club playgroup at the park (Adam took a GOOD nap that day) and last night, a BBQ with our neighbor and his 2 girls. This Monday begins our Summer Enrichment week and then the following week, we are off to Florida, so I'm sure time will be flying by.

Here's a couple of pictures, since I feel lost without them :-) The first one is of our old apartment, currently being occupied by a kindly, Caribbean woman. The next one is a sign as you enter Canarsie Pier. So many people out that day fishing (THAT hasn't changed), but the area has really gotten crowded and taken a bit of a nosedive. The classy restaurant that was once there doesn't seem to be operational anymore. Next is my old HS, which sad to say, is either closed or scheduled to close fairly soon. Not exactly sure why, but boy do things change in just two measly decades! After that, we have one of the last snapshots taken at the airport with Rania, Mohammed and the girls. This was right BEFORE security told us to turn around and take pictures facing the OTHER way (we were by the security checkpoint-OOPS). Up at the top of this post is a picture snapped as we entered the airport. If it weren't for the fact that it's about 2+ hours away from home, and a misery to get to through all that NY traffic, it's really not a bad airport. Clean, uncrowded and fairly easy to navigate. Enjoy, and until next time!!

No comments: