About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WITL-Monday

So the 1st day of WITL is over and I managed to take 110 photos.  There are times as I'm snapping away at just about everything that I'll wonder if what I'm photographing is really important.  Then I remember how awesome it is to look back at my album from last year and be able to see what I ate, where we went, who we spent time with.  I can only imagine what a gift it will be for my future grandchildren to be able to look back on these albums as well and know a little bit about what daily life in 2011 was like for us.  So I keep on snapping.

We began the day getting ready to take Yasmeen to band camp and making a quick trip to our favorite bagel stop for breakfast.  After band camp, we headed to the local library to pick up a hold on "Bossypants" for Mohammed (who is away on business in sunny California at the moment) and bumped into my friend Jackie and her boys.  Back home, it was hot dogs for lunch for the girls, an omelet for me and crackers with cheese for Adam.  While Adam went up to take his nap, the girls watched "Rango" on tv and I caught up on laundry and watched taped episodes of "House Hunters".  Adam slept a long time.  Over 2.5 hours and I was able to get a lot done, including checking on my medical license, which after a long 3 months, has finally been reactivated!  After naptime, we headed out to return our movie and drop Yasmeen off at Tae Kwon Do.  She was mortified that I was taking pictures, but there's no making a tween happy.  We had dinner, a little tv time, computer time, a call from Mohammed to say good night, and then bedtime.  Unfortunately, waiting for Adam to finally go down to sleep caused me to get drowsy and it was lights out for me, too. A pretty typical day, overall...but one I'm sure I'll be glad to look on back in the future.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day:

A neat pile of freshly laundered and folded clothing:


 A newly organized pantry, courtesy of Leena:

My best attempt (of many) at a self-portrait.  Wish I had a mirror outside for some natural light!

 Before the pantry was organized, everything sat on the table in the entryway!

 Stack of stamp sets I've purged from shelving in background--need to donate!

 Best bagels anywhere...and I'm originally from NY!


 Made it to the train station just in time for Adam to see this go by:

 Yasmeen right after Band Camp:

 Browsing at the library:

 Leena LOVES to do self check out:

 The boy loves his trains!

 Cuddling before nap time:

 Looking over old school papers I've saved (in disbelief!):


Some much needed rain for our lawn:


 Getting a one-on-one with the Master:

 Dinner--notice how Yasmeen elegantly plated hers on the right (influenced by the Food Network):

So happy to be participating again this year and looking forward to seeing everyone's work!

1 comment:

Belle said...

Congratulations on getting your medical license!! That is just so great. Nice pics of the family.