About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's 1/11/11 today!

Isn't that cool? We only have another year of fun dates like this (12/12/12) and then no more! So I though it would be the perfect time to update my posts and let you know how my One Little Word and Yesterday & Today classes are going. First off, as you remember, my OLW is fearless. We've made our first 3 projects which I've shared here. Ali Edwards, who is running theclass makes everything so easy andinspiring. Funny thing, though, ever since I started focusing on my word, I have had some weird things happening. Most notable, I've had several weird dreams, nightmares, in fact, about catastrophic disasters. Yeah, weired, I know. And they aren't related to any of my real fears, so I don't really get it, except that it's a sign of my fears in general. The first dream, as clear as day, was of a HUGE jet plane crashing within feet of my beach house balcony. I'm not afraid of flying and I definitely don't own a beach house, but it was real...and terrifying. The other was of being caught at the top of a large chain link fence 30-40 feet in the air and having SHAMU jump up and try to eat me. Yeah...crazy, right? Well, I guess it wasn't Shamu, per se, but an orca whale. And my Dad was in a small fishing boat trying to distract it so that I could climb down, but I couldn't...not until the Shamu Show was over. And to think that I love Orca's and had a childhood dream of becoming a whale trainer. So, I take it as my subconscious working on me while I sleep to get me to "face" my fears in general and start taking action toget some things done. So this week, I typed up a draft to the medical board asking to reinstate my license. Thinking about casually looking into the possibility of returning to clinical medicine someday (maybe on a part time basis?) and hoping that the medical board won't make me start all over with the application process. I am also getting more serious about following Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure diet. So far, down 5 pounds in one week. Mostly excited that it gets rid of (hidden) sugar in your diet and I can't believe that it's in things like milk--even skim! So many grams in a cup of cow's milk that I have stopped cold turkey and have started using unsweetened Almond Milk. Really much, much better than I ever thought it would be. I've also discovered sugar free snacks and have been eating a ton of protein and veggies, so I guess it's healthier overall! Another area that I plan on improving is my assertiveness (notice I didn't say aggressiveness). I've been shy about asking for what I want or what is fair and plan on honing those skills, both at home and with people outside the home (friends, acquaintances, bystanders-LOL). So, it's a year of changes ahead in that arena!

As for my Yesterday & Today class, we've finally done our intro layout using pictures of ourselves as kids. I scanned a bunch, relived old times and even journaled the story about how I bought my first car. It's a fun class and can't wait to see what the weeks ahead hold. Here is my intro page for that class.




So, what have you been up too? What blogs are you following? What's caught your interest in 2011? What plans do you have for the New Year? Catch you all next time,
Janet

No comments: