About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Growing like a weed...








































Hey Everyone,


Well, I just got back from Adam's 1 month appointment and he is doing great. He's currently 11 pounds 1 ounce, and gaining steady ground on the competition. He's doing all the things a healthy 1 month old should be doing and we are racing to keep up with him. Sleep still alludes us, but we must be getting used to it because we are only cranky for part of the day-LOL!

The girls are back in school and none too thrilled about it. Yasmeen's teacher leaves on the 13th for maternity leave and she's sad to see her go. Leena can't wait for the year to be over. She tells me almost every day she doesn't want to "leave" me and Adam to go off to school each day. So sweet, but considering all the schooling years she has ahead of her, I hope she changes her mind soon.

As for me, time seem to moving ahead at warp speed and staying still at the same time. In addition to f/t mommyhood, I have several upcoming projects that are looming in the near future. The first and most important is to take my recertification exam for my Physician Assistant certification sometime this year. I can't wing it, so that means taking time to prepare for the test AND get in my CME hours all at the same time. On another front, I've also been asked to consult for a local craft store that will be converting into a scrapbooking store over the next couple of months. Preparing for the grand re-opening will take yet another chunk of my time, but it's something I'm excited about. And if all that activity isn't enough, I've decided to take part in a fun exercise as part of my goals for 2009. It's called Project 365 and involves taking a picture a day for a year and arranging them into a time capsule of sorts in a scrapbook that will document the everyday moments in a year that may go unnoticed. Check out http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/ for more info in this month's issue. I've even gotten my sister to join me in my journey. I'm sure in 10 years I'll look back at the year 2009 and be grateful that I documented all those little things that would otherwise surely be forgotten.

Well, I've gotten my scrapbooking mojo back and have been putting pictures into a few layouts that I had put together before Adam was born. Here you'll see his first pictures in the layout entitled "Welcome Adam". I've also started fooling around with Adobe Photoshop Elements and just love making photo collages (makes any precious scrapping time I might have much more productive).

Well, he's to another busy month...hope everyone has a productive and healthy 2009!
Janet




















1 comment:

Gerald C said...

This was a lovely bblog post