About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super scrappy weekend, and the start of LOAD 211!!

I'm fresh off the heels of a fabulous, and productive, scrappy weekend I attended with a couple of friends.  Aside from plenty of time to scrap to my hearts delight, I also enjoyed a weekend of fine food (that I was able to eat while it was still HOT) that was so good, I actually looked forward to it *ALMOST* as much as the scrapping itself.  I made 16 pages, which for a slow and sloth-like scrapper like me, is unheard of! I'll be sure to take pictures and post soon. Best of all, I really like my pages and have warmed up for the start of LOAD (which began today)!

This month's theme is INSPIRATION and as suspected, the first LOAD prompt was to use a picture that inspires me and make it the focus of a layout.  I've been using the picture in this layout as my screensaver lately, so I guess that it qualifies.  I pulled together this layout that I probably would not have made had it not been for this prompt.  It was taken on NYE this past December and I would have most likely included it on my general NYE layout.  LOAD has once again (gently) pushed me out of my box and made me look at my pictures in a new way.  Can't wait to see what else lies ahead this month!!

I have also managed to keep on top of my Yesterday & Today class that has been going on for over a month now!  Our latest challenge was to make a layout that documents a challenge.  I chose to write about my relationship with Mohammed and how we have had to work hard to get where we are today.  The main journaling was private, so I placed that in an envelope on the BACK of my layout.  Another layout for this awesome class was to make a 6x12 page about something "you should know" about me.  I didn't really know what to write about, but finally just took the plunge and started to write free-form about whatever came to me and I was pleased with the result.  Of course, with February now here, our next monthly layout for One Little Word is also due, and for this month, we are to focus on taking photographs of our chosen word...in my case...fearless.  I'll be working on that each week until I have enough photographs for the assignment-9!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Sixteen pages - you are a scrapbooking demon. These are nice layouts, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do in LOAD.

Erin said...

I love your lo's! I can't believe you are doing so many scrappy things at once! lol

I am barely keeping up with LOAD. I really wanted to do Yesterday and Today, but didn't have the money.

I may still try and do One LIttle word since it is ongoing.

Loving you blog! Keep up the good work!