About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

9 days left of Summer Vacation, but whose counting???

Well, I might be a bit anxious about the first day of school, but not because the girls are starting a new year with new teachers and challenges. Well, yes, a little of that too...but mostly, I'm getting worried about having them gone all day and missing out on all the amazing help they have given me this Summer. First off, they are wonderful big sisters and help a ton with Adam. From watching him in the family room while I cook dinner, to sitting with him in my bedroom while I take a shower that doesn't involve a baby in bouncy seat and an anxious mom poking her head out every minute making peek-a-boo squeals to keep said baby happy for 10 minutes! Now, I'm not taking advantage of their offers to help...they sincerely are CRAZY about this boy and are actually willing to help! I think that for those of you out there wondering if Mohammed and I were crazy to "start over" with a baby after 7+ years...I'm here to say that it is wonderful! The age spread between the girls and Adam makes for some genuine love and affection with no competition and lots of kisses.

On another note, we are wrapping up our summer with a few more activities including a recent trip to the Jersey Shore with Titi, the girls, Adam and me. Mohammed was hard at work, and besides, wouldn't have enjoyed the water as much as we do! Speaking of which, the girls and Mohammed are actually at the Junior Firefighter Olympics as I write this. They didn't want to participate, but they were very excited to help Daddy set up for the event. I'll meet them there later with Adam...who is napping right now.

Yesterday I spent a glorious day at the NJ Scrapbook Expo and also attended an all day (and night) crop. Although I didn't get as many layouts done as I had planned on (I hardly ever do anymore these days), I had a great time with my friends going back and forth between the various vendors at the show. We stopped only to eat and check out each others amazing finds (with the occasional layout thrown in every so often). Believe it or not, a friend of mine actually surprised me with an awesome scrapbooking/laptop/diaper bag in a fabulous print by Amy Butler. Very similar to the Vera Bradley bags you see everywhere now. Can't wait to use it! Now that is my perfect day (if I had to choose something that didn't involve my family of course).

Well, this next week is the last of the lazy days of summer before a busy week.and the start of school. Besides being Labor Day weekend, we also have classroom orientation for the girls, Adam's 9th monthiversary and our 11th wedding anniversary all on the same day!!! Add to that a visit from a family friends and a party for my nephew's 21st birthday on Saturday, and the first day of school will be here before we can say "bye-bye Summer". For now, I'll leave you with these images...enjoy and have a great week!

No comments: