About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Update on contractions...

Well, after seeing the OB last week, she had me take an NST and it turns out that I am contracting here and there...it seems worse when I stand up, but they can't monitor for contractions standing, so only a few "true" contractions showed up. I was asked to "be a princess" for the next couple of weeks and rest 2 hours for each hour of activity I have. She also prescribed medication for me to take to stop the contractions...

It'll be a week tomorrow that I've been on the meds and I'm taking it easier than prior weeks, but the contractions keep coming. I'll see her again tomorrow and am hoping I don't go on full bedrest after her evaluation, although as of last week, she just wanted me to make it to Thanksgiving at least...and that is next week. I would really prefer to wait until December 3rd (37w1d) as planned, but Adam seems to want out...and of course, with my history, I'm worried about a uterine rupture. So I guess I need to the prayers to start pouring in for us that he comes at the right time and is healthy. So many worries...

On a more optimistic note, the crib is up, the blinds are up, even some of the decorations are up in the nursery. The room is coming together, and all we need is the mattress that will be arriving in NJ along with my in-laws soon enough. Now if I can just get it together enough to pack my bag and figure something out for Adam to come home in...

Well, that's it for now...just wanted to check in with you all in case I'm out of comission for the next week or two before Adam is due. Of course, if I make it back from my appointment with any news, good or otherwise, I'll try to update as I can.

Hugs to all,
Janet

No comments: