About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still here...

Hi everyone,
First off, I wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that I had my last appointment this week with my delivering OB (I have one more appt. with another OB next week before delivery) and I was almost certain that she was going to keep me in the hospital or put me on strict bedrest. Even after a week of being on medication to stop my contractions--they keep coming, although in all fairness, not as frequent or as hard as they were BEFORE the medicine. Even so, with my risk of a uterine rupture, it was all I could do to run around (ironic, eh?) the day of my appointment and make sure I had everything I would need IF I had to go into the hospital early. When the doctor saw me, she just recommended that I increase the frequency of when I take the medication and continue to "take it easy". That's when I let out a sigh of relief, because even with less than 2 weeks left before I deliver, there is still PLENTY to do! It seems that the more I organize and clean, the more clutter there is and the more cleaning there is to do. So, I'm home again, and really trying to take it easy as the doctor mentioned that the baby is on the big side and I'm still worried about a rupture...

Taking it easy for me means staying home most of the time. It doesn't mean napping, laying in bed or staying still for very long. Although I'm making the effort to lay down throughout the day (or at least SIT down), it's very hard to take it easy when there is a lot to get done, AND you have 2 very active kids coming home from school each afternoon ready for action. Thankfully, they understand that I need to rest, so they've been ok about watching TV, doing homework and pretty much keeping to themselves this week. Of course, that cooperation starts after they run into the house demanding snacks and causing a ruckus! Starting tomorrow they'll have 1/2 days for the next 4 school days, and then they are off for Thanksgiving. Let's see how long they'll attempt to cooperate with Mommy...

So, just a quick update on what's going on here...I'll be sure to keep you posted with the latest breaking news as time allows. Wish us luck that we get to our scheduled delivery date without further complications and are able to finally bring home our baby boy, Adam!

Hugs to all,
Janet

1 comment:

Epoxy Flooring Troy said...

Thank you for writingg this