About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Breathing room...

We finished the month of May with a busy weekend full of activity and the last of my LOAD layouts.  I have to say that I am actually relieved that LOAD is over because now my focus can be fully on the task at hand:  politely pursuing the medical board with regards to my license reactivation, and competing all of my CME for this past 2 year cycle in the next week (even though it's not officially due until December 31st)!! I am trying to beat the deadline before the board meets again this month so that I can have everything available to them that they could possibly dream of asking for and hopefully avoid further delay...it's no guarantee though...they ARE bureaucrats!

In the meanwhile, we enjoyed ourselves these past couple of weekends with several events including Joey and Bonita's baby shower (Gio is due in 8 days), our town's Memorial Day Parade, a train ride, a bit of shopping, a birthday party for a neighborhood friend, a pool party at our neighbors and much more!  With the girls off of school for a couple of days, we sure made use of our time.  Today, Leena had a playdate and created a 2 page layout about one of the events this past weekend.  She did a great job! This coming weekend is just as busy.  Saturday we have Leena's jazz dance recital and Sunday is our monthly family hike, courtesy of our township recreation department (that is, if it doesn't rain).  Then it's back to school for the girls Monday morning while Adam and I attend his weekly music class.

Speaking of school, the girls will officially finish the 3rd and 5th grades in less than 3 weeks...and actually, only 14 more SCHOOL days if you ask them.  That means we are gearing up for summer vacation, even if we'll be staying local this year.  I can't believe how quickly this school year passed.
This summer also marks another milestone...**fingers crossed**...I'll be returning to medical practice after over 10 years home with the kids.  It's a new chapter for us, but I'm excited to return to work (at least p/t for now). We are looking into childcare options and getting things settled so that it'll be a smooth transition once all of my paperwork is set. And let's hope its set soon...my supervising physician (to-be) can only be so patient :-)

Well, that's all that's happening around here these days.  I'm sure I'll be posting again soon with some updated pictures of the events ahead.  "See" you soon!!











 My last few layouts:





 Leena's layout today!!

1 comment:

Belle said...

Pretty exciting to be going back to work! I like to scrapbook too.