About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally...no more RAIN!

Well, it has been a really wet couple of months, but seems like July has finally brought with it a little sunshine. We still aren't very hot here in NJ...and I guess that's good, but it sure doesn't make me want to take the kids anywhere near water. The few times we've gone to a pool or the sprayground, the girls' teeth have chattered, and I didn't even dare dip Adam in the frigid waters. Of course the weather never stops a child, but it sure does stop their Mama! Perhaps we'll get to Sesame Place sometime this month if the weather heats up...after all, we go there mostly for the WATER!!

So far this month, we've spent a lot of time outside riding bikes, having the girls' friends over for playdates, we've gone to a local "sprayground", a friend's pool, and Adam has experienced his first "self-feeding"--accidentally of course--I turned around for a second to get his bottle and he grabbed his bowl right off his high chair. He has also had his first "altercation" with a friend of the opposite sex...she tried to grab his pacifer and he didn't know what to make of it!! And as for me, I've discovered a new use for Yasmeen's old bean bag chair that I was getting ready to throw out...it seems that Adam sinks perfectly into it and it has become very useful for his naps. It's like his own personal Tempur pedic mattress!

On another note, I've finally bitten the bullet and started studying for my recertification exam later this year. It's amazing what being out of practice (both figuratively and literally) have caused me to forget. Now that I'm re-learning about all those diseases out there, I'm really agitated that so much misery exists in the medical world. No wonder I never "loved" my job...it was so depressing! What I do love, though, is scrapbooking...and to reward my efforts in studying, I've signed up for 2 upcoming crops and can't wait to catch up on some of the great pictures from the summer. Take a look at these until we catch up again!!

No comments: