About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Figuring it out...

So I am really starting to feel the Mac love...and have started to transfer some pictures over from the PC and it's working. Even figured out how to connect my DSLR to the computer for automatic uploads, so I have pictures, people!

Returned from camping last weekend and it went well. Leaving home, I was faced with the unfortunate circumstance of my AC dying out. Well, the fans in the back seats were blowing, but we were pretty hot up front. About 50 miles into the trip, my check engine light came on. I thought there was no way this camping thing was going to go well with such a rough start. Luckily, I had company going and coming (thanks Brenda and Marisa), so I felt as safe as I could given the circumstances. The van made it to Pennsylvania and back without further issues. The check engine light turned off after we stopped at a hot dog place on the way home, and after being thoroughly checked, nothing showed up. The AC is getting fixed Tuesday and all is well again.

At Camporee, the girls met up with the rest of their troop and had a blast wading in the camp lake (complete with water snakes, which they didn't know until one swam up to them), playing on the beach, paddling canoes, riding in kayaks, hunting treasures in the woods, roasting marshmallows over our first troop campfire, climbing walls, making crafts, playing trust games and overall enjoying themselves thoroughly.

Since we've been home, I've gotten back into the swing of LOAD for this month (despite missing a couple of days). I've just about caught up after 1 more layout tonight, and then it's time to hit the sack. Loving all the inspiration and layouts that I'm creating that normally wouldn't even occur to me if not for LOAD. Totally helps that I have a friend playing along this time, so that makes it much more fun.

Well, off to continue working on this layout. In the meanwhile, enjoy these photos (hope I
figure out where they all are to post).

Until next time,
Janet

No comments: